Monday, January 9, 2012

Vegetarian Egg Mcmuffin(healthier alternative to sausage egg mcmuffin))



Whoever made the rule that we could only order a sausage egg mcmuffin from Mcdonald's between the hours of 5-10 am were IDIOTS!! How on earth can I satisfy that craving at 3 pm when the damn drive thru lady won't let me order my favorite sandwich!! I guess it's just as well though, considering that if I could, I would probably be a 500 pound Asian woman...

On a much lighter note, I came up with this quick and easy copycat recipe so that everyone can enjoy this delicious sandwich ANY TIME OF THE DAY! It's also half the fat because I use an all veggie pattie that tastes pretty darn good, slathered in between a buttered up piece of english muffin. I have to admit though, that I will ALWAYS be a sucker for the sausage patty that Mcdonald uses for their Mcmuffin! At least with this recipe, you have the option of going healthier. You can omit the butter(can't see why you would want to),use fat free sharp cheddar cheese, use ALL egg whites, and even use fat free english muffins as a substitute! Although, I will warn you..I tried the fat free english muffins before and they don't taste very good! Nonetheless, how awesome is it that you can enjoy a favorite sandwich of yours with only half the calories?!? TRY THIS RECIPE...YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

Love Always,
Sav

You will need:

A tin food can with the top lid and bottom completely removed
one whole egg(or just egg whites if you wish)
one Morning Star veggie patty(original tastes the best)
an english muffin
slice of cheese(I like American)
butter
a large pot with lid to cover
cooking spray
some water

Crack your egg into a small bowl and lightly salt and pepper

Place your tin can into an ungreased and unheated non stick pot. Turn the stove up to medium-medium high heat. Put the lid on and allow the pot and can to heat up before adding in egg.

Spray the bottom of the tin can with some cooking spray. Carefully, drop in your egg. Add a little bit of water to pot(just enough to coat the bottom of pan). Put lid back on, and allow to cook for 5 min or so. Check your pot at least once during cooking time and add more water if it has evaporated before your egg is fully cooked. When your egg looks cooked but you still have more water in your pot, remove the lid and turn up the heat to high for a quick second, to allow your water to evaporate. Remove and set aside.

Follow the directions on the Morning Star package. You can choose which way you'd like to cook them. It should take a good 8-10 minutes.

Here's a picture of what the packaging looks like:



When your veggie patties are almost done, start buttering up your english muffins and place them buttered side down in a large skillet. Once they've browned, flip them over and place a slice of cheese on it and allow it to sit for about 10-15 seconds. Remove from heat.

Check on your veggie patties and remove them when they have fully cooked through. Now all that's left is putting it all together and well, do I really need to tell you how to do that?? :)

10 comments:

  1. Well in the UK, we get our McMuffins until 10.30am, but that's still a stupid time - who wants to eat burgers at 10:31? Anyway, this weekend I made the family my own Sausage & Egg McMuffins with patties made from good quality sausage links (skins removed) - they were really popular!

    Anyway, thanks for this, we eat too much meat in this house and so I'm going to give the veggie versions a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a gadget that can replace the tin can in cooking the egg. It's a circle of metal about the diameter of the can, but only high enough to hold the egg. There is a moveable handle so it can fit in the pan under the lid. Useful for other fried eggs, too.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing this for awhile now, just minus the egg. I don't like eggs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been making them for years...call them "Egg-McMamma's" Fix them quick and hand them to kids on the way out the door....

    ReplyDelete
  6. McDonald’s Customer Satisfaction Survey At mcdvoice con. ... MCDVoice is an online McDonald’s
    Survey in which they give their McDonald’s Feedback and visiting experience through its official website
    www.mcdvoice.com

    ================================
    In McDVoice website, you can submit customer satisfaction survey. To participate on
    mcdvoice survey, you need to visit Mcdvoice.com.
    www.mcdvoice.com survey


    ReplyDelete

  7. Nice blog, the article you have shared is good.This article is very useful. My friend suggest me to use this blog.



    Tell the bell survey


    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad to know about this unique food recipe. I also tried the Vezlay Vegan Scrambled Eggs, and it's truly an amazing product. I highly recommend giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD