Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Beet Smoothie

IMG_9879

I officially became obsessed with beets after I started running. I hate exercising, but I realized that the older I get, the more healthier I want to become. And...it may, or may not, have something to do with the fact that my pants are getting a little snug around my mid section, if ya get my drift.

This smoothie is HEALTHY and equally delicious! I like my smoothies a little thicker, that way, it makes me feel a little fuller. Feel free to up the liquid in it, to make for a thinner consistency.

INGREDIENTS:

2/3 cup of coconut milk/almond milk/coconut water

1 beet steamed and then peeled

1 green apple

1 piece of kale cleaned with rib (stem) removed

1 frozen banana

1 carrot (or 3 ounces of carrot)

freshly grated ginger

juice from half a lemon

DIRECTIONS:

Put your milk into your blender and then add in your lemon juice. Add in the rest of your ingredients into your blender, and pulse until smooth. Pulse two or three times to make sure that all of the ingredients are mixed well. Check for consistency. Add more liquid if needed.

1 comment:

Designed with love by BDD