Thursday, June 6, 2013

Watermelon and Pomegranate Slushy Drink


Summer and sunshine calls for summer recipes!! I have so many ideas churning in my head that it's kind of overwhelming me! I mean, I can barely hear the voices in my head, anymore!

I had a ton of leftover watermelon the other day, and as I sat there drinking some pomegranate juice, I had the idea of putting the two together, to make a drink. And since watermelon is made up of mainly water, I thought about making watermelon ice cubes to make a delicious and refreshing drink! The addition of fresh mint make this drink not only refreshing, but beautiful as well!

Yum to pomegranate, right?!? This super fruit is packed with antioxidants and in some studies, have been proven to protect against diabetes and heart disease!


For the watermelon ice cubes:

4 cups of chopped watermelon
2 Tbsp of sugar

To make the drink:

7 watermelon ice cubes
1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of pomegranate juice
2 sprigs of fresh mint
A splash of lemon juice

Make your watermelon ice cubes and place them in an ice tray. Put them in the freezer and allow them to set overnight. The following day, place 7 watermelon ice cubes, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and Stevia powder(if using), into your blender and pulse until smooth. Add more pomegranate juice as needed, to get your motor running. Stop the motor and give it a little stir. Then proceed to add in your mint leaves and give it a few pulses. Don't overdo this, because you want to be able to see specks of green mint throughout your slushy. Repeat steps for another 8 ounce drink!

Note: This drink will begin to separate the longer it sits, so make sure to pour it into a glass and serve immediately! 


2 comments:

  1. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!
    rent a slushy machine

    ReplyDelete

Designed with love by BDD